It’s no secret that I love personal development. I think that every one should commit to being a little bit better each day. Or at least to not stay the same. As I’ve continued with my own journey, I found that there were so many recommendations for products and clothing to buy. It was easy to spend way too much (and I did).
So because I love you and don’t want you to spend as much time and money as I did, here you go!
Here are 12 must-have items for every woman who wants to level up.
1: Arm & Hammer Advanced White toothpaste. This stuff is the truth. Not only is it very affordable, it works! It does what it’s supposed to do (clean your teeth and prevent cavities) but it also whitens really well. I’ve been using it for a while and my teeth have never been whiter.
2: Arm & Hammer Deodorant. I love this brand, can you tell? Listen, I’ve used EVERY natural deodorant on the market and I always come back to this one. It works, is budget-friendly, and doesn’t cause any allergic reactions or hyperpigmentation, like with some other brands.
3: WaterPik Oral Irrigator. Once you use this, you will never want to floss again. Dental hygiene is super important and for some reason, flossing/cleaning in between the teeth gets no love! A lot of Americans don’t do it. Buy this and feel how much cleaner and healthier your mouth and gums get.
4: Bissell Pet Hair vacuum. Okay, you may skip this if you don’t have a pet but don’t. I promise, this is the best handheld vacuum I’ve ever used. It will pick up hair, dust, etc. quickly. Give it a try, you will not regret it.
5. Home Reed diffuser. Don’t you love the feeling of walking into a space and it smells fresh and welcoming? That’s why I love using reed diffusers. Not only are they long lasting, they also serve as nice décor for your dresser, armoire, or side table.
6. Egyptian Cotton Sheets. The days of sleeping on a single flat top on an XL twin bed in your college dorm are over. Investing in a good sheet set will change your life. You deserve to feel smooth, long lasting fabric against your skin as you drift off to sleep.
7. Satin Pillowcase. Where you rest your head can made the difference between hair that remains soft and hair that’s more dry and coarse in the morning. Satin is gentle on the skin and hair and it’s always helpful to keep you tresses protected.
8. Sweet Sweat Waist Trainer. When you work out, this waist wrap promotes even more sweating. It works really well and helps with maintaining good posture.
9. Sweat Headbands. Did you know one of the major reasons why Black women say they don’t work out is their hair? Specifically, they don’t want to sweat their hair out. I have a solution- sweat bands! When my hair is straightened, I put it up in a high ponytail or bun and use a sweat band to absorb sweat. And it works like a charm.
10. Self-Care Journal. This 90 day journal is amazing and was a real game changer. Organized by day and night prompts, it encourages you to start and end each day with reflection, goals, and calm. I started my weight loss journey with this.
11. Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment. This book was so transformative for me that it inspired me to take courses and a master class on attachment theory. That’s how much I love it. If you want to level up your relationships, you first have to understand how and why you attach to partners.
12. World Travel guide by Anthony Bourdain. Because Anthony Bourdain + book about his travels = enlightenment.
That’s all, for now. I hope you loved these as much or more than I do! Check out my life coaching website The Elan Principle for more information on how you can work with me in your own journey.
Peace & Love,